Are you worried that you or someone you know might be addicted to learning languages? Well, before you make your final diagnosis, use the guidance below to check their symptoms!
And don’t worry – being a language learning addict is not a bad thing after all!
1. You delete holiday photos from your phone to make some space for language apps
Because who cares about memories when you can get the latest version of Duolingo, right?
2. You’re happy to watch really bad films just because they’re foreign
You have the time of your life and your friends be like:
3. You occasionally forget to shower because you’re in the middle of a learning sprint
But hey, what did they invent deodorant for?
4. Your house is full of language books you’ve never read
They look nice, though.
5. You think monolingual people are… weird
They only speak one language. They what?!
6. You often unintentionally use foreign words in your native language
People think you’re arrogant but it’s just a mistake.
7. People often wonder why the heck you’re learning their language
And it’s just because it’s fun!
8. You’re an amazing person
Because you can speak another language!